Hosted by and held at:
Leawood Police Department
4201 Town Center Dr.
Leawood, KS 66211
August 24, 2017
This course takes the position that the responsibility for quality-control enforcement in an organization depends on the loyalty and abilities of its first-line supervisors. Effective supervisors are those that know when to motivate, when to lead, when to discipline, when to be subordinate, and when to just get out of the way.
Attendees are taught:
• The legal and fiduciary responsibilities of a first-line supervisor
• How to build a positive Supervisor-to-Subordinate relationship
• How to apply basic principles of employee motivation, leadership and performance management to day-to-day performance problems
• How to establish accountability with the difficult employee
• How to conduct a Problem-Solving conference and document a plan for performance improvement
• How to complete a Critical Incident Report that documents an employee’s performance problem. Students receive class outline, model forms, rules, and certificate of attendance
Regular Tuition: $170.00 First $150.00 each additional/same agency
Prepaid Tuition: $150.00 First $130.00 each additional/same agency
Please Note: Prepaid tuition constitutes invoices paid 7 days prior to the date of the course.
|Course Date||08-24-2017 8:00 am|
|Course End Date||08-24-2017 4:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||04-25-2017|
|Cut off date||08-23-2017|