Hosted by the La Center Police Department
Held at the Clark County Fire & Rescue
911 N. 65th Ave.
Vancouver, WA 98686
September 6, 2017
Of all the problems that face public safety, the shortage of practical leaders is an issue that must be addressed. Effective leadership is the cornerstone of day-to-day supervision and can be developed through experience and proper training. It is from training and experience that potential leaders are taught how to apply core competencies required of anyone thrust into a leadership situation or position. This course provides the proper training to develop an effective leader.
Leaders and Leadership
Leadership vs Management
Major Challenges Facing Leaders
Leadership and Motivation
How Leaders Behave
Four Ways Leaders Get Others to Follow Leadership Power
Students receive class outline, model forms, rules, and certificate of attendance. (Class size is limited, please
“I believe the entire program was excellent. Mr Detchon is a very knowledgeable man. Lots of good ideas to take back to my department.” St. Louis, MO
John Detchon has over 33 years of law enforcement experience in state and county law enforcement agencies. He has worked as a trooper, deputy sheriff, field training officer, jail commander, and investigation commander. John attended Kent State University and holds numerous advanced law enforcement training certifications. John’s expertise is in leadership, supervision and police report writing.
John is a graduate of the Ohio State Patrol Academy and attended Kent State University. Apart from his formal education, he holds numerous training certificates signifying his commitment to continued education.
They are as follows:
• Police Procedures, Policy and Management Theories
• Ohio State Patrol Training Certificate
• Ohio Peace Officer Basic Training Certificate
• Criminal Interrogation & Behavioral Analysis in Interviews
• Ohio Peace Officer Training Council-First Line Supervisor
• Governor’s Office of Criminal Justice Service-Crime Prevention
• Van Meter & Associates, Inc.-Standard Task Accountability and Rating System
• Medina County Law Enforcement Academy-Drug Interdiction
• Public Agency Training Council-Court Security
• Ohio Peace Officer Training Council-Basic Corrections Certificate
• Adjunct Instructor at Cuyahoga Community College
Regular Tuition: $170.00 First $150.00 each additional/same agency
Prepaid Tuition: $150.00 First $130.00 each additional/same agency
Please Note: Prepaid tuition constitutes invoices paid 7 days prior to the date of the course.
“I BELIEVE THE ENTIRE PROGRAM WAS EXCELLENT. MR. DETCHON IS A VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE MAN. LOTS OF IDEAS TO TAKE BACK TO MY DEPARTMENT.” MI
“I THINK IT WAS SPOT ON AND I ENJOYED IT VERY MUCH. I HAVE LEARNED A GREAT DEAL AND LOOK FORWARD TO WHAT I HAVE LEARNED TAKING BACK TO MY DEPARTMENT” MI